You can manage some of your health care information using your Medicare online account or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
What you can do using your Medicare online account
You can use your Medicare online account through myGov to manage some of your business with us.
- submit certain Medicare claims
- update your personal details, such as providing your bank details so we can pay your benefit directly into your account
- view, update and request some of the information we hold, such as your Medicare Safety Net balance for the current calendar year and your child's immunisation history statement
- view your Individual Healthcare Identifier audit history
You need a myGov account linked to your Medicare online account and to use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
Create a myGov account if you haven’t already got one.
- To link Medicare to your myGov account select Services and then select the link icon next to Medicare
- Follow the prompts
For help with creating a myGov account or linking services, see our online guides.
Register for a My Health Record
Your My Health Record is a secure online summary of your health information. It lets you and your doctors, hospitals and other health care providers view and share your health information so they can give you the best possible care.
Register for your My Health Record at the Australian Digital Health Agency’s My Health Record website.