Submit your Centrelink documents online

Use your Express Plus Centrelink mobile app or Centrelink online account to submit documents.

Watch our Submitting Documents using Centrelink Digital Services video.

Before you start

To submit your documents online, you will need a Centrelink online account.

If you are a new customer, you will need to visit a service centre to confirm your identity.

Submit your documents

There are 2 simple and secure ways to submit your documents online. Use your:

  • Centrelink online account, or
  • Express Plus Centrelink mobile app

Centrelink online account

Before you start, make sure the document you want to submit is saved on your computer.

The file size of your document must be under 5MB. Your file must also be in one of the following formats:

  • pdf
  • png
  • jpeg
  • tiff

Read our step by step guide to submitting documents using your Centrelink online account.

Express Plus Centrelink mobile app

Before you start, make sure you have the document you want to submit. You can have a printed version or a picture saved in your device’s photo library or in the vault of your mobile app.

To upload your document, select Upload Documents from the menu in the app. Then select one of the following options:

  • photo gallery, to choose an image from your device’s photo library
  • camera, to take a photo of your printed document
  • vault, to choose a document saved in your vault

The file size of your image or document must be under 5MB.

Documents you can submit online

You can submit most types of documents online.

Type Examples
  • Employer separation certificates
  • PAYG certificates
  • Tax returns
  • Profit and loss statements
  • Income and assets forms
  • Payslips
  • Bank or share statements
  • Group certificates or payment summaries
  • Study details forms
  • Proof of enrolment or fee receipts
  • Academic transcripts
  • Course acceptance notices
  • Health Care Card claims
  • Medical reports
  • Centrelink medical certificates
  • Doctor issued medical certificates
  • Rent certificates
  • Proof of asset ownership documents
  • Rates notices
  • Rental contracts
Child care
  • Newborn child claim proof of birth forms
  • Birth certificates, adoption or surrogacy agreements
  • Child care receipts
  • Change of care documents

Related subjects

Related payments and services

Page last updated: 27 February 2018