You can claim for the following payments and services:
- Family Tax Benefit including Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement
- Parental Leave Pay
- Dad and Partner Pay.
To claim and submit your proof of birth online:
- Sign in to myGovand go to Centrelink.
- Select Payment and Claims from the menu, then Claims, then Make a claim.
- Under Families, select Get started.
- Select Apply for Family Assistance (including Paid Parental Leave).
- Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the claim. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.
- Submit your claim.
If you don’t have a myGov account, create one and link it to your Centrelink online account.
When we process a claim for your child, we’ll create a Customer Reference Number (CRN) for them. You can find your child’s CRN in your:
- Centrelink online account by selecting My Profile from the homepage, then My family
- Express Plus Centrelink mobile app in the my family tab.
To enrol for Medicare services
When you finalise your pre-birth claim for family assistance payments, we’ll enrol your child for Medicare services. You don’t need to give us the proof of birth again.
Page last updated: 26 July 2019