Who else can help with family and domestic violence

There are lots of other organisations that can help you with counselling, financial and legal advice, and safety planning including staying safe online.

Call 000 if you are in danger.
To access 24/7 counselling and support call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732.
To close this page and display another website use the quick exit bar below.

Government and community support services


The national family violence and sexual assault counselling service. It’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It’s confidential and free to call. They can also help if you think your online activities are being watched with advice about keeping safe online.

Contact options:

  • call 1800 737 732 at any time to speak with a professional counsellor
  • use the services and support map to find help in your area
  • find more information on the 1800RESPECT website

Australian Electoral Commission

Contact the Australian Electoral Commission to register as a silent elector if you think having your address on the electoral roll would put you or your family's safety at risk.


Daisy is a free app that connects you to services in your local area. You can create a list of services and save them. These could be legal, housing, financial and children’s services. You can also search the internet with Daisy and understand what to expect when contacting a service.

Download Daisy from Google Play or App Store.

Family Relationship Advice

The Family Relationship Advice Line provides information on family issues and parenting arrangements after separation. They can also refer you to local services for more help.

Call 1800 050 321:

  • Monday to Friday - 8 am and 8 pm
  • Saturday - 10 am and 4 pm

Financial Counselling Australia

Financial counsellors that are free and private.

Call 1800 007 007 to speak to someone in your state.

Kids Helpline

Kids Helpline is a free service for young people aged 5 to 25.

Contact options:

  • call 1800 551 800 at any time, or
  • find more information on the Kids Helpline website


Lifeline can provide personal crisis support services if you’re affected by family or domestic violence.

Call 131 114 at any time.

MensLine Australia

MensLine Australia is a telephone and online support service. They provide specialist help to people affected by family and domestic violence. They also offer support to people using violence.

Contact options:


MoneySmart can help you manage your money. The urgent money help section and the divorce and separation section may help you.

National Legal Aid

National Legal Aid can help you find the legal aid commission in your state or territory.

White Ribbon

White Ribbon gives you a list of organisations that can help.

Keeping safe online

If you think your online activities are being watched or monitored, call 1800RESPECT or visit their website to learn more about keeping safe online.

Page last updated: 10 August 2018