The card lets people get a range of medical services and prescriptions at a lower cost, and free care as a public patient in a public hospital.
- live in Australia or Norfolk Island
- be enrolled in Medicare
An income support payment if you can’t work or study for a while because of illness, injury or disability.
- at least 22 but under age pension age
- in a job or getting ABSTUDY or Austudy as a full time student
- under the income and assets test limits
Disability Support Pension
Financial help if you have a permanent physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition that stops you from working.
- between 16 years of age and age pension age
- have a permanent medical condition that stops you from working
- meet residency requirements
- meet income and assets tests
Important Medicare update for some visa holders
If you’re an Unauthorised Maritime Arrival on a Bridging visa or hold TPV or SHEV, it’s time get a new Medicare card.
Our Medicare general enquiries line menu has changed
You can tell us what your call is about instead of using your phone keypad to go through our menu.
Celebrate International Day of People with Disability
On 3 December, we celebrate the 25th International Day for People with Disability.
The way you log on to the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app is changing
You’ll need to use your myGov sign in details.
We provide electronic and printable forms that you can download, complete and return to us.
Family and domestic violence
We support people affected by family and domestic violence by providing information, resources and referrals.