The card lets people get a range of medical services and prescriptions at a lower cost, and free care as a public patient in a public hospital.
- live in Australia or Norfolk Island
- be enrolled in Medicare
An income support payment if you can’t work or study for a while because of illness, injury or disability.
- at least 22 but under age pension age
- in a job or getting ABSTUDY or Austudy as a full time student
- under the income and assets test limits
Disability Support Pension
Financial help if you have a permanent physical, intellectual or psychiatric condition that stops you from working.
- between 16 years of age and age pension age
- have a permanent medical condition that stops you from working
- meet residency requirements
- meet income and assets tests