As required under Part II of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 the department has an Information Publication Scheme (IPS) plan, which is available on our website.
Most mandatory information that must be published under the Act is available in various documents on the department's website and can be easily identified by the IPS logo visible on the freedom of information page.
In 2015-16 the website information included:
- the department's IPS plan
- details of the department's organisational structure
- details of the department's functions, including its decision-making powers and other powers affecting members of the public (or any particular person or entity, or class of persons or entities)
- appointments of officers that are made under legislation (other than Australian Public Service staff), such as the appointment of statutory office-holders
- the department's annual reports
- arrangements for members of the public to comment on specific policy proposals for which the department is responsible, including how (and to whom) those comments may be made
- contact details to enquire about access to the department's information or documents under the Act
- the department's operational information
- information in documents to which the department routinely gives access in response to requests under Part III (access to documents) of the Act, except information that is otherwise exempt
- information that the department routinely provides to the Parliament in response to requests and orders from the Parliament