Who we’re looking for in the Indigenous Apprenticeships Program
We’re looking for Indigenous peoples who want to make a difference and work in the Australian Public Service (APS).
We’re looking for people who meet all of the criteria:
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- have strong initiative and are willing to learn
- want to help develop services for Australians
- want a career in the APS.
To apply for an apprenticeship you must:
- confirm your Indigenous heritage
- be an Australian citizen.
You can’t apply if:
- you don’t identify as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- you’ve been made redundant and got a payment from the APS or Australian Parliamentary Service, unless you’ve served the restriction period.
You don’t need any experience or qualifications. But, we prefer if you’ve completed year 10.
The skills you’ll learn will vary depending on the department you’re working for.
Some of the skills you may learn in your job could include:
- drafting documents
- corporate and customer support
- managing travel
- stakeholder management.
Page last updated: 9 May 2019