We’re looking for Indigenous peoples who want to make a difference.
We’re looking for people who:
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- are school leavers, mature age or people with disability
- have strong initiative and are willing to learn
- want to contribute to services for Australians
- want to work in the Australian Public Service (APS)
Jobs vary depending on the department. Some tasks may include:
- drafting documents
- corporate support
- managing travel
- stakeholder management
- customer support
To apply for an apprenticeship you must:
- confirm your Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples heritage
- be an Australian citizen
You don’t need any experience or qualifications. But, we prefer if you’ve completed year 10.
You can’t apply if:
- you don’t identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- you’re redundant and got a payment from the APS or Australian Parliamentary Service, unless you’ve served the restriction period
- you’re not an Australian citizen when you apply
Meet current apprentices
There are apprentices throughout government working in a range of areas. In 2017, 300 Indigenous apprentices started the programme.
You can also watch our IAP video. In this video, some of our previous apprentices talk about their experience and story.