We’re looking for Indigenous peoples who want to make a difference.
We’re looking for people who:
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- are school leavers, mature age or people with disability
- have strong initiative and are willing to learn
- want to contribute to services for Australians
- want to work in the Australian Public Service (APS)
Jobs vary depending on the department. Some tasks may include:
- drafting documents
- corporate support
- managing travel
- stakeholder management
- customer support
To apply for an apprenticeship you must:
- confirm your Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples heritage
- be an Australian citizen
You don’t need any experience or qualifications. But, we prefer if you’ve completed year 10.
You can’t apply if:
- you don’t identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- you’re redundant and got a payment from the APS or Australian Parliamentary Service, unless you’ve served the restriction period
- you’re not an Australian citizen when you apply
Meet current apprentices
There are apprentices throughout government working in a range of areas. In 2017, 300 Indigenous apprentices started the programme.