If you have a degree and want a career in law, we want you.
Type of degree
We’re looking for graduates with either of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Juris Doctor.
You must also have both of these:
- a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, or be willing to get it
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 60 or above.
If you have one of these degrees, you could also apply for the generalist pathway. You can apply for the generalist pathway even if your WAM is below 60. It gives you the opportunity to work on diverse projects and learn how different areas operate.
Read about how to apply.
Range of work
In the legal discipline, you may work on a range of projects and tasks like:
- providing advice on legal issues related to the department’s payments and services
- advising on areas such as contract law and employment law
- advising on privacy, Freedom of Information (FOI) and compensation claims
- managing reviews before the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.