We want you to apply if you've recently graduated from university or are in your final year of study.
Applications are now open!
We're looking for graduates who want to make a positive difference to the lives of Australians. We want the future leaders of the Australian Public Service (APS) to apply.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace. We value our staff for their unique qualities, ideas and perspectives.
Our policies support workplace diversity and we implement strategies and initiatives to champion this.
Read more about how we manage workplace diversity and inclusion.
To be eligible, you must:
- be an Australian citizen on 15 April 2019
- be willing to relocate if required
- have completed or will complete an undergraduate or post graduate degree between 19 March 2016 and 6 February 2020.
- have a Grade Point Average of 60 or above to apply for the Legal discipline.
If you got your degree overseas, you’ll need to have it recognised by the Department of Education and Training. Read more about overseas qualifications on their website.
If you’re an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Australian, you can also apply through the Indigenous application process. If you do this, you’ll also need to confirm your Indigenous heritage. After you do this, you’ll have access to a support officer. They’ll help you through the application process and offer cultural support.
Relocation to Canberra
The majority of roles for the graduate program are in Canberra. Roles outside of Canberra are limited and vary each year.
Read more about moving to Canberra.
To apply for the generalist pathway, you can have any degree.
To apply for the professional pathway, you need a relevant degree in 1 of these disciplines:
Read more about the:
For your application to be successful, you’ll need to demonstrate all of the following:
- proven initiative
- ethical, adaptive and evidence-based judgement
- strong problem solving skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- the ability to establish positive working relationships with team members and stakeholders
- support for a workplace culture that values diversity, respect and inclusion
- a comprehensive understanding of contemporary issues and practices related to your area of expertise or technical discipline – professional pathway.
Meet our graduates
Read more about our program from some of last year’s graduates.