Opportunities for individuals with exceptional leadership skills.
Join an organisation that values and promotes diversity. As a Senior Executive, you will be responsible for providing high-level advice, setting directions, and driving performance to achieve outcomes in a multi-disciplined, complex and challenging environment. If you want to lead in an organisation that delivers policy and provides Australians access to social, health and other payments and services, consider an opportunity with us.
We currently have no SES vacancies.
2 positions, ongoing full-time (merit pool will be established)
$69,699 to $75,208
Applications close 11:59 pm AEST on Monday 2 October 2017
The department is currently looking to fill two Executive Assistant positions at the APS5 level based in Melbourne, Victoria.
An APS5 Executive Assistant is required to manage professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders. In particular, maintaining a close working relationship with other SES leaders, divisional Executive Officers and other Executive Assistants is critical. An Executive Assistant may also provide secretariat support for meetings. The job requires discretion, tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and/or confidential matters.
Key skills/knowledge to undertake the role
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- High attention to detail with the ability to remain flexible and respond to changes in business requirements and expectations.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with business areas and stakeholders working across different locations.
Successful candidates may be required to hold or obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance.
Application question (no more than 2 pages in total)
- Provide a brief statement outlining why you are interested in this position and the specific skills and experience you would bring to the Executive Assistant role. When preparing your response you should consider the key duties and the skills required to undertake this role.
- Describe a time you handled multiple priorities and what your strategies/processes were to achieve outcomes for each priority.
- You have been asked to arrange a meeting with Senior Executives of varying levels, both internally and externally. What do you need to consider when making arrangements?
To be eligible for employment with the Department of Human Services you must be an Australian citizen. Should you be found suitable for a role you will be required to provide proof of citizenship.
Your suitability for employment with the Department of Human Services will be assessed through a pre-employment screening process including: a satisfactory national police history check, referee checks and employment history integrity check. Any concerns raised in these checks will be further investigated. If you are currently, or have been, the subject of any disciplinary or Code of Conduct investigation(s) by an employer, you are required to declare this in your application.
Where relevant, a Working with Children and Vulnerable People Check and a health clearance check may also need to be completed. You must be willing and eligible to undergo and maintain an Australian Government security clearance to the appropriate level if applicable to the position.
You should be aware that Department of Human Services’ employees may be required to undergo ongoing suitability assessments as part of their employment with the department.
If you have recently received a redundancy benefit and if you are selected for a role, you will need to provide evidence that you have served your exclusion period.
A merit pool will be created.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the position. For more information see RecruitAbility on the Australian Public Service Commission website.
Position contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment site: forward your CV along with your response to the application questions of no more than two pages to SES.Unit@humanservices.gov.au Attn: Melbourne APS5 EA – Your Name.