Our temporary employment registers are open to eligible candidates interested in non-ongoing or irregular and intermittent employment with us.
We fill these positions on a full time or part time basis for up to 18 months with the possibility of extension to a total period of 3 years.
Depending on business requirements, positions may be available across a range of locations, business areas and classifications.
We have 3 temporary employment registers:
- Temporary Service Officer register – APS3 and APS4
- Temporary programme, corporate and administration register – APS1 to EL2
- Temporary specialist roles register – APS3 to EL2
To be considered for all roles, you need to apply to all 3 registers.
Make sure you complete the preferences tab as this information is used to help match you to available and suitable positions. We recommend you review your application every 3 to 4 months to ensure it’s correct and up to date. This is so we can contact you if a suitable position arises.
When applying you should:
- review all the required tabs and respond to all questions
- outline all relevant skills, experience and qualifications to support your application
You will receive an email confirmation once you’ve registered. If you don’t, check your spam mail or email our Recruitment Management team.
This register is used to fill roles for APS3 and APS4, predominantly in our customer service delivery environments. Roles will vary depending on business requirements and may involve contact with a range of customers, health professionals and other third parties. You may handle a variety of matters regarding eligibility, participation and access to payments and services. Interactions can be through the telephone, face to face, or online.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- well developed customer service skills
- intermediate computer skills
- ability to work collaboratively within a team
- ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- ability to work in a structured work environment
This register is used to fill roles from APS1 to Executive Level 2. Roles filled via this register are in a number of operational, programme and corporate support areas including:
- compliance and risk
- corporate support
- fraud and investigation
- management and leadership
- procurement and contracting
- policy and research
- programme management
- project management
This register is used to fill roles from APS3 to Executive Level 2. We look for people with specific skills across a range of disciplines including:
- accounting and finance
- communication and marketing
- data analytics
- engineering and technical
- human resources
- information communications and technology
- science and health - medical practitioner, nursing and psychology
- social work
Although the application process asks you to select a range of APS levels, this register will only be used to fill specialist roles from APS3 to Executive Level 2.