This strategy outlines our response to family and domestic violence, and the serious impact it has on individuals, families, the workplace and the community.
There are 5 principles that underpin the strategy:
- family and domestic violence is never acceptable
- we avoid placing blame
- we respond respectfully
- we provide support
- we work collaboratively
There are 6 strategic themes that guide how we respond to family and domestic violence.
- Information - we will continue to ensure that staff and customers have access to up to date information about the support available through the department or from external service providers.
- Risk identification - we will continue to refine our risk identification approach to support customers who are concerned about their safety.
- Referrals and support - we will offer referrals and support to our customers affected by family and domestic violence.
- Training - we will ensure that our staff receive appropriate training to support customers and staff.
- Our people - we will provide a supportive, flexible and safe workplace for staff.
- Our systems and processes - we will continue to refine our systems and processes to enhance the delivery of this strategy.