Commonwealth's general purchase order conditions. We make payments to suppliers for the purchase of goods and services using Purchase Orders and Corporate Credit Cards.
We make payments to suppliers for the purchase of goods and services using Purchase Orders and Corporate Credit Card.
A purchase order details the goods and services we wish to purchase. The purchase order will include a description of the goods and the delivery date for the purchase. It may also include other details of the purchase.
When we issue a Purchase Order, it will state at the bottom of the page that it has been issued either:
- under the terms and conditions of the formal contract between us and the supplier, or
- under the Commonwealth's General Purchase Order Conditions for purchase of goods and services. The Terms and Conditions can be downloaded from the Procurement Document Library on the AusTender website or you can obtain a copy from the Contact Officer person indicated on the Purchase Order
Where purchases are being sought under a formal contract with us, a copy of the purchase order may not necessarily be issued as the contract itself is the request to supply the goods or services. Suppliers will always be advised of a purchase order number.
Suppliers are required to quote the purchase order number on all invoices connected to this purchase.
We agree to payment terms that provide payment no later than 30 days after the date of receipt from the supplier for contracts valued up to and including A$1 million (GST inclusive).
Where payment is not made within the maximum payment terms, we will pay interest to the supplier where the amount accrued is more than A$10 GST inclusive.
The policy is described in the Pay On-Time Policy on the Department of Finance website.
Updating information about your business
If details on the purchase order are incorrect or your business details have changed, for example phone number, email address, employee numbers, you are encouraged to update your details by contacting our Vendor Maintenance section by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: in Australia 1800 906 144 options 3, 2, 4 or from overseas 61 7 5561 6885
- Fax: in Australia 07 5561 6944 or from overseas 61 7 5561 6944
- Mail to:
Department of Human Services
PO Box 1699
Southport QLD 4215