Multicultural Servicing Strategy 2016-19
Our strategy ensures our services are responsive to the needs of multicultural customers.
We aim to complete the 47 actions outlined in the strategy by the end of 2019.
To meet our commitments we:
- have 70 Multicultural Service Officers
- operate a national multilingual phone service in 33 languages
- have translated information available in 69 languages
- have 64 service centres with sessional interpreters
- have 658 bilingual staff
- offer multicultural awareness training to all staff
- do community engagement through Multicultural Advisory Forums and the National Multicultural Advisory Group.
We also have 2,500 interpreters who:
- provide services in over 230 languages
- went to over 260,000 appointments in 2017-18.
Read our strategy
Read about the actions we’ll take to meet our commitments in the:
Read more about the Multicultural Access and Equity Policy on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Page last updated: 15 November 2018