Child Care Subsidy privacy notice for customers
This privacy notice outlines how we manage personal information in relation to Child Care Subsidy.
What we collect
We collect personal information about:
- you, your partner, children, or children in your care
- your approved child care service provider.
- name, date of birth, contact and other identity details
- your eligibility for Child Care Subsidy
- the child care services provided by your child care provider.
Why we collect this information
We collect your personal information to assess your eligibility for Child Care Subsidy.
How we’re authorised to collect your information
We collect, use and disclose your personal information in line with the:
- A New Tax System (Family Assistance) (Administration) Act 1999
- A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999
- Privacy Act 1988.
Who we may share your information with
We can share your information with:
- the Department of Education
- your approved child care provider
- anyone you’ve agreed to have your information
- other parties where the release is authorised by law, including for the purpose of research or investigations.
How to view or correct your personal information
How to make a complaint or give feedback
If you can’t resolve an issue with the person you’ve been talking to, ask to speak to their supervisor.
You can make a complaint or give us feedback online or call us on 1800 132 468. You can also write to us at:Centrelink and Medicare
DHS Complaints and Feedback
Reply Paid 7800
Canberra BC ACT 2610
Where to find more information
You can read more about:
Page last updated: 3 July 2019