The PLAID protocol is cryptographically stronger, faster and more private, than most or all equivalent protocols currently available either commercially or via existing standards.
Department of Defence Reference Implementation
PLAID Reference Implementation - Department of Defence draft version 1.0.0 is available for download
Department of Human Services Reference Implementation
PLAID Reference Implementation - Department of Human Services version 8.04 is available for download.
The Protocol for Lightweight Authentication of Identity (PLAID) smartcard authentication protocol:
- provides access to public PLAID protocol information, activities and standards
- explains the Department of Human Services's role and policy to industry and government domestically and internationally
- ensures that the Australian Commonwealth Intellectual Property is clearly defined and publically available
- assists industry and governments in the commercialisation of PLAID through development of a COTS (commercial, off the shelf) product
To get started:
- Read more about PLAID
- Learn about the licence terms
- Download the technical specifications
- Download the Department of Human Services reference implementation
- Download the Department of Defence reference implementation