The Taskforce identifies people who deliberately withhold or provide false information to claim welfare payments.
The Australian Government launched Taskforce Integrity to focus on welfare fraud. We have partnered with the Australian Federal Police to form Taskforce Integrity, led by Assistant Commissioner Andrea Quinn. Andrea has a strong record of investigating crime and serious fraud. Her leadership supports the way we investigate and detect fraud.
We know most people are honest and do the right thing. However, a small number of people give us incorrect information to get a payment.
Using payment data, we focus on regions where we know customers are at a higher risk of receiving the wrong payment or committing fraud. We also talk to members of the local communities we visit about how they can help us stop welfare fraud.
How you can help us
If you’re getting a payment and don’t tell us about changes when you know you should, you could be committing welfare fraud. Read more about how to avoid committing fraud. It’s never too late to update your details.
If you think someone is committing welfare fraud, you can report them without giving us your name. Read more about reporting fraud.
Keep your details up to date
- use your Centrelink online account through myGov
- use Express Plus Centrelink mobile app
- call our self service line.
Read some recent media releases about Taskforce Integrity.
- 21 November 2017 - Media Release: Taskforce integrity visits the NSW Central Coast
- 31 October 2017 - Transcript: 4BC Brisbane, Interview with Ben Davis
- 30 October 2017 - Media Release: Taskforce Integrity works with the Gold Coast community
- 9 October 2017 - Transcript: ABC 774 Melbourne, Interview with Rafael Epstein
- 9 October 2017 - Media Release: Taskforce Integrity on the ground in Craigieburn
- 20 September 2017 - Media Release: Taskforce Integrity heads to Wagga Wagga
- 10 August 2017 - Transcript: LAFM Tasmania, Interview with Brian Carlton
- 14 November 2016 - Media Release: Taskforce on the ground to detect welfare fraud in Darwin
- 8 November 2016 - Media Release: Taskforce Integrity uncovers $2.7 million welfare debt in Adelaide
- 7 October 2016 - Media Release: Taskforce Integrity cracks down on welfare fraud in Coffs Harbour
- 29 August 2016 - Media Release: Taskforce Integrity targets welfare fraud in Adelaide
- 22 August 2016 - Media Release: Strong new leadership for Taskforce Integrity
- 5 August 2016 - Media Release: Welfare cheat information floods in, in Ipswich
- 28 July 2016 - Media Release: Taskforce Integrity turns its focus to Ipswich
- 17 December 2015 - Media Release: Taskforce Integrity first joint operation uncovers large fraud scheme