The WPIT Programme is transforming how we deliver welfare payments.
WPIT started on 1 July 2015 and will run for 7 years until 2022. During this time we are modernising our processes and technology to better meet the needs of all citizens.
We’re working in 5 stages to allow us to adapt to new technology and changing needs over time. It also enables us to be responsive to evolving priorities while making sure costs and outcomes are managed throughout the life of the programme.
We’re working closely with the Digital Transformation Agency to ensure our transformation aligns with the Digital Service Standard and contributes to delivering common government platforms.
What we have achieved
From 1 July 2015 to 31 December 2016, the programme:
- focused on business planning and future design work
- delivered early digital enhancements
- engaged its commercial partners
Where we are up to
WPIT is now in its second stage, which began in January 2017 and will run for 18 months.
The programme is:
- gradually transforming how we deliver student payments
- developing our new welfare payment platform with our commercial partners and other government agencies
The new payment platform for students will deliver a template we can apply across other welfare payments in future stages.