To use Basicscard as a payment method for your customers, we must approve you as a Basicscard business.
To apply, follow these steps:
Step 1 - before you start
Download, print and read:
- BasicsCard Merchant Terms - the terms of our contract with those approved to accept BasicsCard
- BasicsCard Special Conditions for Taxi-cab and Minibus - conditions specific for taxi-cab and minibus merchants
- BasicsCard Merchant Approval Framework - policy guidelines on the Department of Social Services website
Step 2 - apply
Complete the BasicsCard Merchant Application form, making sure you:
- complete all relevant questions
- complete the terminal details section, and
- read the agreement to participate and sign the application
Step 3 - submit
Fax your completed BasicsCard Merchant Application form to 1300 727 760.
We will let you know the outcome of your application.
Once approved, we’ll use the information from your application to activate your EFTPOS terminals. You can then accept the BasicsCard as a form of payment.