The northbound component of the Scheme applies to eligible goods produced or manufactured in Tasmania for permanent use or sale on the Australian mainland.
To be eligible for assistance with freight costs, northbound goods must:
- be manufactured in Tasmania for permanent use or sale on the Australian mainland
- be transported across Bass Strait by sea as non-bulk cargo. That is, items not shipped loose in the hold of a ship without any unitisation or packaging
- incur a freight cost disadvantage
Eligible goods are listed in the TFES Ministerial Directions - Schedule 1 on the Department of Infrastructure, Regional Development and Cities website.
The following northbound goods are not eligible for assistance:
- goods manufactured on the mainland or outside Australia, unless they have undergone a manufacturing process in Tasmania
- goods that were intended for export from Australia at the time of shipment from Tasmania, or at the time of first sale on the Australian mainland