Helping customers keep track of their BasicsCard balance
You can help customers manage their money by giving them their BasicsCard balance after each transaction.
To do this, you need to have the BasicsCard Balance on Receipt and EFTPOS Terminal Service. You need to ask your EFTPOS provider to activate the service.
It’s an easy and convenient way for customers to keep track of their BasicsCard balance. It may also reduce the number of declined transactions due to insufficient funds.
Once you activate this service, your customer’s BasicsCard account balance will display on:
- the EFTPOS receipt or EFTPOS terminal with each transaction at your business
- approved BasicsCard refunds, and
- transactions declined due to insufficient funds
Not all financial institutions providing EFTPOS facilities can support this service. Some may not be aware of it.
Your financial institution can contact our Helpdesk if they:
- want more information, or
- would like to upgrade their EFTPOS facilities to support this service
Page last updated: 22 February 2019