Issues with transactions
Sometimes issues might arise with BasicsCard transactions.
Issues with BasicsCard transactions
EFTPOS not working or card declined
You’ll need to ask your customer if they can pay another way if:
- your EFTPOS isn’t working, or
- a BasicsCard transaction is declined
A declined transaction means payment wasn’t made.
BasicsCard transactions may be declined for many reasons. These could include:
- insufficient funds
- incorrect PIN—if entered incorrectly 6 or more times, the customer won’t be able to use their BasicsCard
- exceeded daily spend limit
- their BasicsCard isn’t active, which could mean we have suspended or cancelled the card
If the card is declined, tell your customer to call our Income Management customer line.
Card not accepted
If you get the error message card not accepted you’ll need to contact our Helpdesk.
This error can occur if you’ve recently changed:
- your EFTPOS terminal
- EFTPOS provider, or
- financial institution
If issues arise
Make sure you let us know as soon as you can of any changes to your EFTPOS arrangements.
Watch our video all about BasicsCard transactions.
Page last updated: 22 February 2019