Child Support information for employers

Deducting child support payments

We may ask you to deduct child support payments.

We may ask you to deduct child support payments from an employee's or contractor's:

  • salary or wages
  • commissions
  • bonuses or allowances including Parental Leave Pay
  • certain retirement or termination payments
  • payments for labour under some contracts
  • other remuneration such as company directors’ fees, or
  • independent contractor’s payments.

There are 2 ways we can ask you to deduct child support from your employees or contractors. How you need to make deductions will depend on the:

This information was printed Sunday 19 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 22 February 2019