Deducting child support payments
We may ask you to deduct child support payments.
We may ask you to deduct child support payments from an employee's or contractor's:
- salary or wages
- bonuses or allowances including Parental Leave Pay
- certain retirement or termination payments
- payments for labour under some contracts
- other remuneration such as company directors’ fees, or
- independent contractor’s payments.
There are 2 ways we can ask you to deduct child support from your employees or contractors. How you need to make deductions will depend on the:
- person’s employment status with your workplace, and
- type of letter we send you requesting deductions—either a Notice to Commence Child Support Deductions or Notice to Pay Money Directly to Child Support Registrar Pursuant to Section 72A.
Page last updated: 22 February 2019