School Fees Allowance assists students and their families to pay for school fees charged by an approved education institution.
School Fees Allowance for students 15 years of age or younger and living at home is usually paid directly to the school.
It assists students and their families to pay for school fees charged by an approved education institution.
The allowance, can be used to pay for expenses such as:
- fees associated with school subjects, including costs for materials and sporting activities where sport is taken as a school subject and there is a subject fee
- general purpose fees for services and facilities
- tuition fees
- fees for items such as school magazines, locker hire, book hire, and examinations
The allowance cannot be used to pay for expenses such as:
- school clothing including sports clothing or special clothing, such as aprons for Home Economics or Manual Arts
- incidentals expenses incurred by a student during term, such as purchases from the school shop
- laundry fees or purchase of linen
- fees on behalf of a Parents’ and Citizens’ Association or similar organisation
- contributions whether or not compulsory or refundable to school building funds
- insurance cover for school related activities