On 3 December we celebrate International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD).
Join us and people around the world to celebrate. IDPwD celebrates the skills, experience and contribution of people with disability. Each year the United Nations chooses a theme.
This year’s theme is Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equality. The theme helps to focus activities for the year.
You can find out about this year’s events, including those near you. You can even host an event. Visit the IDPwD website and get involved and find out what you can do to promote disability inclusion.
Did you know 1 in 5 Australians identify as having disability? That’s 4.9 billion people. IDPwD is a chance to help everyone feel valued and respected.
We’re proud to support people with illness, injury or disability. We do this in lots of ways, including through our payments and services for people with disability.
- refer people to Disability Employment Services to help them find and keep a job
- give referrals to other services
- have accessible services in our offices and online
- proudly feature our Disability Champions.
Read more about:
- support if you’re disabled, ill or injured and looking for work
- how we engage people with disability.
Read more news for people with disability.