Our new strategy outlines how we will build on our service offer for culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) people.
The strategy demonstrates the value we place on the cultural identities and experiences of our CALD people, staff and communities. We recognise their complex and changing needs.
We offer a range of services to support people, communities and our staff. We aim to ensure our services are responsive to their needs.
We provide our CALD people with:
- specialist staff such as 70 Multicultural Service Officers who deal directly with them and community organisations
- free interpreting and translation of documents needed to access our payments and services
- language services including a multilingual phone service, operated by skilled bilingual officers who help people getting Centrelink payments and services
- bilingual staff in some service centres, who use their language skills to help CALD people
- translated information to read, listen to or watch online
Read the Multicultural Servicing Strategy 2016–19 and consider how we can work together to improve service delivery to multicultural people.
Read more about our: