Make sure you keep up-to-date about MBS changes. Here’s a summary of some services that the changes will affect.
Make sure you’re aware of updates to the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) from 1 November 2018.
The updates include new and amended items about:
- sleep studies
- capsule endoscopy
- treatment of idiopathic overactive bladder
- cryopreservation of semen
- focused psychology therapy
- spinal surgery
- minimally invasive glaucoma surgery
- percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation
- peritoneal dialysis.
- Download the 1 November 2018 MBS at MBS Online for updated item descriptions and explanatory notes.
- For more information on the changes read the factsheets on the Department of Health’s website.
- Go to MBS education for health professionals for resources about Medicare billing requirements.
- Read more news for health professionals articles about the 1 November changes.
- Subscribe to news for health professionals to get regular updates in your inbox.