You’ll find unspent Home Care amounts in different places on your payment statement depending on the period they’re for.
You’ll find unspent Home Care amounts in different places on your payment statement summary page. Where you’ll find these amounts depends on when you reported them to us.
An unspent Home Care amount is the total amount that hasn’t been spent on a person’s care and services. It includes Home Care subsidy, supplements and Home Care fees and it’s for a specific period.
There are some different scenarios that change what you should do:
- If a care recipient permanently leaves Home Care, you need to calculate the unspent amount and return it. You must return it to the Commonwealth and the care recipient or their estate. You need to report this to us.
- If a care recipient moves to a new Home Care provider, you should calculate the unspent amount. Then you should transfer it to the new Home Care provider.
- If a care recipient transfers to different Home Care services with the same approved provider, you don’t need to calculate the unspent amount. This may be when a provider combines their Home Care services. There are no funds to transfer because the package stays with the same approved provider.
You only need to report the unspent amount to us if the care recipient permanently leaves Home Care.
If you report the unspent amount:
- for the same period as your claim, you’ll see the total amount in the CW (Commonwealth) Unspent Amount section. This is on the summary page of your payment statement
- for a period before your claim, you’ll see the total amount in the Adjustments for previous claim period/s section. This is on the summary page of your payment statement. There may be other retrospective adjustments that make up this total. So, the amount will not always match the total unspent amounts you reported.