Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) clients provide income and asset information to DVA – not to us.
The Aged Care Reforms on 1 July 2014 expanded DVA’s role to include income testing for Home Care Packages for veterans and war widows.
DVA does income and means test assessments for:
- veterans, their partners and war widows or widowers who get the Service Pension, Income Support Supplement or Age Pension administered by DVA
- veterans, and partners of veterans who get DVA Disability Pension and who have Qualifying Service
- self-funded retirees (and partners) who get DVA Disability Pension with Qualifying Service
- war widows and widowers who get the War Widows Pension and who have Qualifying Service
- Australian Defence Force former prisoners of war and Victoria Cross recipients
We do the income and means test assessments for all other DVA clients and other Australians.
Assessments may change over time as personal and financial circumstances change.
It’s important those in care continue to tell DVA or us of any changes to personal or financial circumstances.
Read more News for older Australians
Read more news for aged care providers.