Pharmacists can use our PBS eLearning programs to find out more about their topic of choice.
The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) can be complex. We offer pharmacists access to our PBS eLearning modules to help them with information for supplying, dispensing and claiming PBS items.
The program has modules on the following topics:
- the Australian health care system
- the Medicare Program
- provider and prescriber eligibility
- overview of the PBS
- eligibility requirements
- using the Schedule
- sections 48, 49 and 51
- Authority items
- highly specialised drugs
- approved and unapproved pharmacies
- CTG PBS Co-payment measure
- dispensing and supplying
- prescription requirements
- PBS costs and Safety Net
- prescriber bag supplies
- form upload service
- family and domestic violence
You can access the PBS for pharmacy eLearning program on demand and conveniently select the module for your topic of choice.