Our PBS eLearning programs support prescribers with information about a variety of topics.
The Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) can be complex. We offer prescribers PBS eLearning modules that outline the requirements for prescribing PBS items.
The program has modules on the following topics:
- the Australian health care system
- the Medicare program
- provider and prescriber eligibility
- overview of the PBS
- eligibility requirements
- using the Schedule
- sections 48, 49 and 51
- Authority items
- highly specialised drugs
- CTG PBS Co-payment measure
- prescription requirements
- PBS costs and Safety Net
- prescriber bag supplies
- prescribing in public hospitals
- Online PBS Authorities system
- form upload service
- family and domestic violence
You can access the PBS for prescribing eLearning program on demand and conveniently select the module for your topic of choice.