Protect your aged care patients! Please record details correctly on the AIR
13 May 2019
If there’s an error with your aged care patient’s vaccine record it can leave them unprotected.
It’s important to record vaccine doses correctly on the AIR site.
If it’s wrong:
- your patient may show-up incorrectly as up-to-date or overdue for immunisations
- your patient may be unprotected against disease.
The AIR counts vaccine doses by antigens, not vaccine brand. The AIR site lists the antigens for you. You can check your patient’s history and due immunisations to ensure you record the right dose.
If you see an error on your patient’s immunisation record, you can fix it through the ‘Update Encounter’ menu option on the AIR site. Or you can send us a secure email.
Once you’ve recorded vaccines using the AIR site, you can check to see when your patient is next due for immunisation and which vaccines they will need.
To access the AIR site, make sure you have the latest internet browser.
- Read more about recording patient information on the AIR and the National due and overdue rules for immunisation
- Explore AIR education for vaccination providers
- Read more News for aged care providers.
You can record flu and other adult vaccines on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
Talk to your aged care clients and their families about Medicare scams such as fake emails, text messages and websites.
Page last updated: 18 June 2019