You can now view your patients’ school-based vaccinations on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
You can now record vaccines delivered through school-based programs on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). The AIR records vaccines given to people of all ages in Australia.
Records of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines are also now on the AIR. This means that you can access your patient’s HPV vaccination records in one place.
You’ll be able to see your patient’s HPV vaccination details on their AIR record and immunisation history statement. You can print your patient’s immunisation history statement from the AIR site. They can also view their history online.
You might see a new optional ‘batch number’ and ‘school name’ field on your practice management software. This will help you provide a complete record of an immunisation encounter when reporting immunisation details to the AIR.
You’ll also see these fields on the Record Encounter screen on the AIR site. You can record the batch number and school name if the patient got the vaccination at school.
- Make sure you have the latest version of your practice management software and internet browser so that you can access the latest AIR site functions
- Explore the AIR education modules for vaccination providers
- Read more about the AIR site
- Contact your state/territory health department for more information about school-based vaccination programs
- Read more news for health professionals