We have a Medicare ultrasound services education guide to let you know what you need to do when claiming Medicare.
The guide outlines services and claim requirements for:
- when you perform multiple ultrasound services
- when you provide additional services
- when you substitute a service for the service originally requested
- requested (R-type) ultrasound services
- professional supervision for R type eligible services
- musculoskeletal ultrasound items
To help avoid delays, the guide lists examples of ultrasound services not eligible for a Medicare benefit.
There are also reminders about what you need to do for reporting and record keeping, including storing requests.
Complete with examples, this is a quick and easy way to refresh your knowledge.