Submitting PBS Safety Net claims weekly can help avoid a delay
15 November 2019
It helps us process your claim faster and identify possible claim rejections early.
Submitting your PBS Safety Net claims weekly, especially during peak periods will:
- assist us with processing your claim
- prevent delay of your payments
- help us identify possible claim rejections early.
Here’s some other helpful tips to remember when you’re submitting a claim. To avoid a delay:
- check all required forms and supporting documents are signed
- make sure you include all eligible family members with the correct relationship codes in the application
- use a PBS Safety Net reply paid envelope when submitting a claim
- make sure there’s no more than 12 customer applications in the envelope for each claim
- always attach customer records in the same order they appear on the PBS Safety Net claim for payment form (PB241)
- make sure the pages in each customer’s Prescription record forms (PB240) are in sequential order
- only issue PBS Safety Net cards when customers reach the applicable threshold.
- Read more about the PBS Safety Net
- Subscribe to News for health professionals and get regular updates directly to your inbox.
Next time you order, you’ll get enough PBS Safety Net cards to last for the rest of this calendar year.
If you’re an approved supplier of PBS and RPBS medicines and claim for these online you’ll soon be able to get your payment faster.
Page last updated: 15 November 2019