Submitting PBS Safety Net claims weekly can help avoid a delay
15 November 2019
It helps us process your claim faster and identify possible claim rejections early.
Submitting your PBS Safety Net claims weekly, especially during peak periods will:
- assist us with processing your claim
- prevent delay of your payments
- help us identify possible claim rejections early.
Here’s some other helpful tips to remember when you’re submitting a claim. To avoid a delay:
- check all required forms and supporting documents are signed
- make sure you include all eligible family members with the correct relationship codes in the application
- use a PBS Safety Net reply paid envelope when submitting a claim
- make sure there’s no more than 12 customer applications in the envelope for each claim
- always attach customer records in the same order they appear on the PBS Safety Net claim for payment form (PB241)
- make sure the pages in each customer’s Prescription record forms (PB240) are in sequential order
- only issue PBS Safety Net cards when customers reach the applicable threshold.
- Read more about the PBS Safety Net
- Subscribe to News for health professionals and get regular updates directly to your inbox.
If your customers spend a lot on PBS medicines, they’ll reach the threshold sooner.
We’ve delivered your 2020 PBS Safety Net kits.
Page last updated: 15 November 2019