Tips to help you comply with laws as a home care provider
5 October 2018
Consumers can choose their home care provider. As a home care provider, you must comply with Australian Consumer Law.
As a home care goods and services provider, you must comply with the:
- Competition and Consumer Act 2010, which includes the Australian Consumer Law
- Aged Care Act 1997 and its Principles.
There are some simple things you can do to make sure you’re doing the right thing for your customers. Doing these things will also help you meet your legal responsibilities. You should:
- always give clear, honest and complete information about your service
- give customers time to make decisions and to seek assistance if they need to
- not pressure people with commission-based business models as it leads to pressure selling
- make sure all the terms in your agreements are fair for all parties.
Whether you’re a new or existing provider, you need to be aware of your obligations. Look at the guide to make sure you’re complying.
Page last updated: 5 October 2018