Our guide helps you understand Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) item descriptions and how to bill items together.
The updated guide, Billing multiple MBS items, has new information about complete medical services and the multiple operation rule.
We’ve included scenarios about:
- comprehensive and combined items
- interpreting common MBS phrases
- multiple attendances on the same day
- attendances with other health services
- independent procedures.
We’ve also included more detail about MBS item decriptions like:
- ‘attendance not payable with another service’
- ‘not being a service associated with’
- ‘not being a service to which another item in this group or subgroup applies’.
Check out the updated guide today.