Eligible aged care workers can get payments to help them enrol in accredited education and training programs.
The ACETI program encourages aged care workers to further their studies. This is to enhance their career as a personal care worker, registered nurse, or enrolled nurse.
To be considered for the ACETI program, applicants must have:
- started an eligible course between 1 July 2015 and 31 March 2016, and
- submitted their commencement application form within 6 months of starting training or by 30 September 2016, whichever is earlier
To continue to get completion payments, students must:
- meet current requirements for the completion payment
- complete their studies or register with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia for Enrolled Nurse training courses and Registered Nurse training courses, and
- submit a completion application form within 6 months or by 30 June 2020, whichever is earlier
For more information and the latest forms, go to the Department of Health website.