Your organisation needs to be registered in Provider Digital Access (PRODA) to access HPOS
How to link your organisation PRODA account to HPOS.
What you need to have
You’ll need the following to access HPOS:
- If you are a Medicare claiming organisation you will need to provide your Minor Id.
- Before you can create a PRODA account for an organisation, you must first create an individual PRODA account. Create your PRODA account.
- To link an organisation to HPOS, you need to be a Medicare claiming organisation and have a minor ID.
How to register an organisation account in PRODA
How to register an organisation account.
Step 1 - To register an organisational account, select ‘Organisations’ link located in the top right of the screen.
On this screen, you can:
- Select and view the details of organisations you are associated with
- Register a new Organisation
- Join an Organisation.
Note: If you are already associated with the organisation it will be listed under My Organisations. If you are authorised to link the organisation to HPOS see How to link an organisation PRODA account to HPOS.
If you are not associated with an organisation, you will be able to start the process to register a new organisation.
Step 2 - Select ‘Register a new Organisation’ to register a new organisation.
Enter the organisation details.
It is essential that:
- The person trying to create the Organisation in PRODA must be listed as an Associate for that organisation on the ABR. The system will compare your individual registration with details on the Australian Business Register (ABR).
- The Organisation Name and ABN entered in PRODA match the details on the ABR.
Step 3 - Verify your relationship to the organisation by providing responses to the questions in the Verify Organisation Relationship screen. Your responses must match the details on the Australian Business Register (ABR) in order to proceed. When you verify your responses, your responses will be checked against ABR records.
You may make three (3) attempts to provide responses that match the details on the Australian Business Register (ABR). If you fail your third attempt, you will have a Status of Unmatched in PRODA and the following screen will appear. You will need to select ‘Cancel Registration’ and commence the registration process again.
Step 4 - An email will be sent to the email you used to register your organisation profile.
Enter the Verification Code from the email.
After you have successfully registered your organisation in PRODA, you must link the organisation to the HPOS system.
To do this:
- Click on the drop down arrow on the ‘Service Providers menu’ – the menu will expand.
- Select the ‘Add Service Provider’ button.
- Select the radio button for the HPOS system and then click on ‘Add this Service Provider’.
- Agree to the linking terms and conditions
- Enter your Minor ID and select Next
- Follow the online instructions and select Next
- The Organisation Linking – Next Steps will display, read the on screen information and select Finish.
After you receive your email advising your organisation is now linked to HPOS:
- Log on to your PRODA account
- Select Go To Service to access HPOS
- Select Link identifiers if you did not complete the step before or want to link more identifiers.
If you need help:
- Select the Request help enter the details in the text box and select Submit.
Page last updated: 8 July 2019