Using HPOS, you can access more than 26 services, payments and programs.
HPOS helps you do business with us. HPOS gives providers and their delegates access to information relevant to their patients and organisations.
All services available in HPOS show as tiles on the HPOS home page. Use this overview to find the service you need.
Services, payments and programs
These services, payments and programs are available in HPOS :
- Australian Immunisation Register (AIR)
- Centrelink Forms
- Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- My Health Record System
- Healthcare Identifiers Service
- Health Care Homes (HCH)
- Midwife Professional Indemnity Scheme (MPIS)
- National Bowel Cancer Screening Program (NBSCR)
- Pathology Registration
- PBS Authorities
- Practice Incentives Program (PIP)
- Practice Nurse Incentive Program (PNIP)
- Prescription Shopping Information Program
- Rural Incentive Program
- TGA recall and hazard alerts
Other things you can do using HPOS
Access online claiming:
- Medicare Patient Claim Webclaim
- Medicare Bulk Bill Webclaim
- DVA Webclaim
- Medicare Bulk Bill reports
- DVA Webclaim reports
- DVA Patient Treatment reports
- Prescription Shopping Patient Summary reports
Manage your details, including:
- administer delegates
- update or add your banking and personal details
- view details about your provider number and create a new provider location
- access track and scale information
Access patient information:
- find a patient and check Medicare numbers
- concessional entitlement verification
- view patient care plan history
Communicate with us:
- message us
- view statements and subscriptions
- upload documents
- upload selected forms
Access useful MBS and PBS functions:
- MBS items online checker
- MBS partial payment calculator
- MBS Online
- PBS Schedule
Request PKI certificates:
- Request and manage NASH PKI certificates for Healthcare Identifiers Service network organisations
- Request and manage PKI certificates for the Healthcare Identifiers Service
A guide to using HPOS to generate bulk bill processing and payment reports for Medicare Easyclaim.
You can use the AIR site through HPOS to record immunisation details. You can also view and print immunisation histories, request reports, and update your contact details.
A guide to help health professionals use HPOS to check patient eligibility and cap balances and generate bulk bill reports for Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS).
A guide to using HPOS to verify patient Medicare details.
A guide to help prescribers use HPOS to access a report listing medicines supplied to your patient in the last 3 months.
A guide to help overseas trained doctors track their scaling details and view location 19AB exemption details in HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals complete and submit medical forms in HPOS to update patient Centrelink record.
A guide to help GPs submit the GP Assessment Report form as part of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program (NBCSP) using HPOS.
A guide to help contracted service providers access and submit Hearing Services Program electronic claims using the Hearing Services eClaiming system.
A guide to help health professionals create, submit and review claims for the Midwife Professional Indemnity Scheme (MPIS) using HPOS.
A guide to using HPOS to view and manage rural incentive payments.
A guide to help organisation maintenance officers use HPOS to register their network organisations and manage authorisations in My Health Record
A guide to help organisation representatives register their seed organisation in the HI Service and My Health Record, and manage their individual and organisation Medicare and NASH certificates in HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals submit Medicare bulk bill claims electronically for real time assessment through HPOS.
A guide to help health professionals manage claims and payments for Department of Veterans’ Affairs health programs through HPOS.
A guide to using HPOS to view Patient Treatment Reports and Provider Summary Reports for the DVA Coordinated Veterans' Care (CVC) program.
You can view your patient's care plan history for the last 12 months in HPOS. It’s recorded against their Medicare record.
Learn how to use the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items online checker in HPOS to confirm patient and claim eligibility.
A guide to help health professionals submit Medicare patient claims electronically for real time assessment through HPOS.
View, amend or cancel an existing authority using the PBS Authorities system on Health Professional Online Services (HPOS).
Request a new authority using the online Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) Authorities system on Health Professional Online Services (HPOS).
A guide to help health professionals submit forms in Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) using the form upload function.
Information about how to apply for exemptions to the limit on multiple patient verification uploads
Page last updated: 8 March 2019