Eligibility for taking part in telehealth video consultation.
There is no formal application process for you to take part in a telehealth video consultation. You are eligible for telehealth if you:
- have a Medicare provider number and are in a private practice as a:
- consultant physician, or
- consultant psychiatrist
- have a Medicare provider number, provide support to a patient located in an eligible telehealth area during a video consultation with a specialist, and are in a private practice as a:
- medical practitioner
- nurse practitioner, or
- provide services on behalf of a medical practitioner using their provider number and are a:
- practice nurse, or
- Aboriginal Health Worker
- provide care and accommodation to residents under the Aged Care Act 1997, or
- hold a residential aged care service (RACS) ID
A general practitioner or another health professional with a Medicare provider number can also be with the patient during the telehealth consultation to provide clinical support. This is called a supported consultation.