Dental practitioner eligibility requirements
To claim Medicare benefits, dental practitioners must:
- meet the qualification requirements set out in the Health Insurance (Dental Services) Determination 2007
- be registered with AHPRA or a respective board or organisation
- be recognised as a dental practitioner in their field by us
- be in private practice, and
- be working in a private capacity.
Dental prosthetists can register for a Medicare provider number, but they can’t use their provider number for Medicare billing.
Page last updated: 22 February 2019