What you need to know
Medicare Easyclaim is used for Medicare bulk billing and patient claiming.
It can be a stand-alone process via an EFTPOS device, or an integrated feature of your practice management software products. If you are using it for patient claims, you can start lodging claims for your patients once your EFTPOS provider installs it. For bulk billing, you’ll need to register your bank account details first.
Medicare Easyclaim is simple to adopt, requires minimal training and is easy to use.
You can use it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your patients will receive their benefit almost immediately after swiping their EFTPOS card.
Some key features of Medicare Easyclaim include:
- can be used for patient and bulk bill claims
- no batching or storage required for bulk bill claims
- single payment for health professionals bulk bill claims in 2-3 working days, direct into a nominated account
- patient claims paid almost immediately into their bank account
- more certainty with ‘pay doctor’ cheque - speeds up the process by lodging claims on the spot
- no additional bank transaction fees, although standard EFTPOS charges still apply
- concession verification - instant confirmation of patients’ concessional status
- available to doctors, dentists, specialists and allied health professionals
Page last updated: 22 February 2019