Information and resources to help developers integrating Medicare Online software.
What you need to know
Medicare Online covers:
- patient claiming, real-time and store-and-forward
- same-day delete request, for real-time patient claims only
- bulk bill claiming
- Department of Veterans' Affairs medical and pathology
- Australian Immunisation Register notifications
- Online Patient Verification for Medicare and private health insurers
- ECLIPSE (Electronic Claim Lodgement and Information Processing Service Environment)
- In Hospital Claim (IHC) claiming to us and private health insurers
- Checking eligibility online
These online options mean the practice no longer needs to lodge paperwork with us. Health professionals who use Medicare Online claiming software know immediately if their transmission is delivered.
Public Key Infrastructure
Online claiming uses Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to ensure communication is secure, private and identifiable. PKI uses digital certificates to digitally sign and encrypt electronic transmissions.
Medicare Easyclaim information for software vendors
An easy way for patients and practices to claim their Medicare benefits via EFTPOS.
Medicare digital claiming return codes
When you lodge a claim for Medicare benefits, we use return codes to tell you why the claim was rejected or how the claim was assessed.
Formats for the exchange of electronic data
Information for software vendors who integrate claim information into the document formats required for the exchange of electronic data with us.