The program currently offers free bowel cancer screening to eligible Australians turning 50, 54, 55, 58, 60, 64, 68, 70, 72 and 74 years of age.
Other age groups will be added with time. By 2020 all eligible Australians aged between 50 and 74 will be invited to screen every 2 years.
|2017||50, 54, 55, 58, 60, 64, 68, 70, 72, and 74|
|2018||50, 54, 58, 60, 62, 64, 66, 68, 70, 72 and 74|
|2019||50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 62, 64, 66, 68, 70, 72, and 74|
Payments are made to general practitioners and specialists who provide information about consultations and procedures that resulted from a positive program faecal occult blood test (FOBT) result.
A payment is made for each correctly completed program form for a program participant following a general practitioner visit, colonoscopy or histopathology in relation to a positive program FOBT result.
The following payments are made for each correctly completed form:
- $14.30 (GST inclusive) for each Colonoscopy Report or Histopathology Report
- $7.70 (GST inclusive) for each GP Assessment Form or Adverse Outcomes Report
To receive program payments you must first:
- complete a Payment Account Details for Service Provider form on Cancer Screening website
- advise us of your Australian Business Number (ABN)
- enter into a recipient created tax invoice agreement by completing the Notification of ABN and Medicare Australia reference IDs for tax treatment purposes and Recipient Created Tax Invoice (RCTI) Agreement form
To be paid for submitting a program form, the form must be:
- for a program participant who has a positive program FOBT result
- correctly completed
The following program forms are on the Cancer Screening website:
- GP Assessment Report
- Colonoscopy and Histopathology Report
- Procedure Report – Adverse outcomes
- Histopathology Report
This program form is available on Health Professional Online Service (HPOS):
- GP Assessment Report
Read more about accessing the NBCSP in HPOS
Completed forms can be submitted:
- online through HPOS (GP Assessment Report only)
- online through the Cancer Screening website
- by free fax to 1800 115 062
- by mail:
Reply Paid 83061
Hobart Tas 7001
Monthly payments will be paid to your nominated bank account on the 9th or next working day for correctly completed forms lodged the previous month. Monthly statements will be provided for reconciliation and taxation purposes.
Payments are subject to GST.