The PIP eHealth Incentive aims to encourage practices to keep up to date with digital health and adopt new digital health technology as it becomes available.
The PIP eHealth Incentive aims to encourage practices to:
- keep up to date with the latest developments in digital health
- adopt new digital health technology
- improve administration processes and patient care
The PIP eHealth Incentive consists of 5 eligibility requirements. For more about these, read the implementation overview documents for each requirement at the Australian Digital Health Agency website.
To be eligible to receive the eHealth Incentive, practices must:
- integrate Healthcare identifiers into Electronic Practice Records. To do this:
- apply to us to obtain a Healthcare Provider Identifier-Organisation (HPI-O) for the practice and store the HPI-O in a compliant clinical software system
- ensure that each general practitioner within the practice has their Healthcare Provider Identifier-Individual (HPI-I) stored in a compliant clinical software system, and
- use a compliant clinical software system to access, retrieve and store verified Individual Healthcare Identifiers (IHI) for presenting patients
- have a standards-compliant secure messaging capability
- work towards recording the majority of diagnoses for active patients electronically
- ensure the majority of their prescriptions are sent electronically to a Prescription Exchange Service, and
- use My Health Record. To do this:
- use compliant software for accessing My Health Record
- apply to participate in My Health Record upon obtaining a HPI-O, and
- upload shared health summaries to My Health Record for a minimum of 0.5 per cent of their Standardised Whole Patient Equivalent (SWPE) or the default SWPE, whichever is greater
The PIP eHealth Incentive encourages the meaningful use of the My Health Record by healthcare providers, including uploading of clinically relevant information to the My Health Record embedded into day to day clinical practice.
For more information, read the eHealth Incentive guidelines.