Provider Digital Access (PRODA) provides secure access to online government services.
1. Log on
Don’t have an account yet? Read more about registering.
2. You need to know
Using a two-step verification process, you only need a username and password and access to a personal mobile phone or email account.
To access online services using PRODA, you need to register as an individual to get your own account.
You don’t need additional hardware or software installed unlike the traditional public key infrastructure.
You can use PRODA to verify your identity online and securely access multiple government online services. Your PRODA account doesn’t expire and if you change your employer you keep the same PRODA account because it belongs to you as an individual.
- Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) - a fast and secure way for health professionals and administrators to do business with us online
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) - providers deliver support or a product to a participant in the NDIS
- the Disability Medical Assessment Online service - government contracted doctors help determine medical qualifications for the Disability Support Pension
- My Health Record National Provider Portal - allows health professionals read only access to view their patients’ My Health Record information
- Child care Provider Entry Point (PEP) - for child care providers to securely access government services for child care fee assistance
When you access PRODA you must:
- keep your PRODA account secure - never share your details with anyone
- use your own personal and contact information to set up your account –we need this to verify your identity
- comply with the PRODA terms and conditions when you register or use your PRODA account
Terms and Conditions
The PRODA terms and conditions will be available on the PRODA registration screen. By beginning the registration process you’re agreeing to comply with the terms and conditions.
You’ll need to accept the terms and conditions again when you first log on to your PRODA account.
What an account can't be used for
- Medicare Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) site certificate
- National Authentication Service for Health (NASH) PKI organisation certificate
You can't link a DVA Organisation provider number to your PRODA account to access HPOS. You’ll still need to renew or apply for a Medicare individual PKI certificate.
The services and information you can access depends on the level of authority granted by the services connected to PRODA.
You can only create a PRODA account online.
There are a few steps to register a PRODA account:
- Set up your account profile.
- Verify your identity.
- Link your services.
Make sure your email address is your personal and unique email address and not a shared email account. For example, don’t use an email such as firstname.lastname@example.org. Use an account you access at work in your name email@example.com or a personal email account you can always access firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll send an activation code to your registered email address. You’ll need this to activate your PRODA account.
We'll send your unique verification code to your registered email address so you can log into your PRODA account.
Your verification code will be sent to you by SMS, email or generated on the PRODA mobile IOS or android app.
If you choose the mobile app option, you can download the app from the App Store or Google Play. You must download the app before you set your account profile preference for verification codes to mobile app.
You must use your own personal identity information to verify your identity and get an account.
You’ll need at least 3 specified and valid Australian Government issued identity documents to verify your identity online.
To verify your identity we recommend you use:
- an Australian driver licence
- a Medicare card, and
- an Australian passport or foreign passport with an Australian visa
If you have difficulty registering after hours or on weekends this could be because the issuing agencies such as Births, Deaths and Marriages or the Department of Home Affairs are performing scheduled maintenance. Please try verifying a different document or try later.
You can use other Australian Government issued identity documents, including:
- birth certificate
- citizenship certificate, or
- certificate of registration by descent
We can’t verify extracts, ceremonial or commemorative certificates, or expired or illegible documents online, so we can’t accept them.
If you don’t have the required identity documents you can apply to get them from the issuing government agency.
If you’re unable to verify your identity online, select I don’t have any of these documents in PRODA and use the Manual identity verification for Provider Digital Access form.
To access PRODA to set up an account you’ll need one of these minimum browser versions:
- Internet Explorer 9
- Mozilla Firefox 30
- Google Chrome 39
- Safari 5
Please also check that you are using the minimum browser version required for the service you're accessing through PRODA.
Setting up your account profile
Set up your username and password and provide your personal and unique email address.
Make sure your personal details used to set up your account match the exact details on your identity documents. If your name is Brad Smith, but your name on your identity documents is Bradley Smith, then you should create your account using Bradley Smith. Alternatively, you can provide additional documents verifying your change of name.
Read more about name changes.
Change of name
- a change of name certificate
- an official marriage certificate, or
- an amended Australian birth certificate
An official change of name or marriage certificate is issued by state or territory Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
A ceremonial marriage certificate can’t be verified online.
If you don’t have the above identity documents, you’ll need to submit another identity document to an operator for verification. Select the I don’t have these documents option at this stage of the verification process for help.
Linking your services
Select the relevant tile from the My Linked Services page under Available Services.
Child care providers (managers)
When you get your individual PRODA account, you can register your organisation in PRODA. You can then link CCS as a service and access the provider entry point (PEP).
From the My linked services screen, select the PRODA Organisations tab on the top right. From here you can register or manage your organisation account.
Read more about:
How to log on
- Go to the log on page
- Enter your:
- verification code - sent to you by SMS, email or through the PRODA mobile IOS or android app depending on which option you chose when you set up your account
If you can’t log on to your account, don’t create a new one, contact us.
Note: You must have the mobile app downloaded via the App Store (for IOS) or Google Play (for Android) and linked to your account before using this.
Managing your account profile
You can access your profile when you’ve successfully logged into your account. Then select the ‘Profile’ link located at the top of the ‘My Linked Services’ screen.
View and update your profile information, verification code preferences and security settings at any time.