Change of name

If the name you used to register your account is different to your identity documents, you need to verify the change of name details using.

  • a change of name certificate
  • an official marriage certificate, or
  • an amended Australian birth certificate

An official change of name or marriage certificate is issued by state or territory Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

A ceremonial marriage certificate can’t be verified online.

If you don’t have the above identity documents, you’ll need to submit another identity document to an operator for verification. Select the I don’t have these documents option at this stage of the verification process for help.

This information was printed Wednesday 22 May 2019 from It may not include all of the relevant information on this topic. Please consider any relevant site notices at when using this material.

Page last updated: 22 February 2019