MBS education resources about claiming requirements for medical practitioners, allied health professionals and practice staff.
- Medicare for health professionals
An introduction to the MBS
- Primary care items
An overview of MBS primary care items such as attendances, mental health, chronic disease management and preventative health care
- Treatment of skin lesions
This includes 1 November 2016 updates. Medicare requirements used for billing skin lesion treatment for health professionals working in skin cancer management
- Chronic disease management
An advanced program on Medicare requirements for GP Management Plans (GPMPs) and Team Care Arrangements (TCAs) and how these are linked to referrals for allied health MBS items 10950-10970
- Chronic disease management case studies
A listing of case studies covering GP Management Plans, Team Care Arrangements and Allied Health Initiatives
Tell us what you think
Please complete the evaluation of each eLearning program. Your feedback helps us improve our services.
The following guides help you understand your obligations when billing and claiming MBS items.
- Aftercare or post-operative treatment
- Better Access to mental health care for general practitioners and allied health professionals
- Chronic disease individual allied health services Medicare items 10950-10970
- Chronic disease GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements
- Claiming bulk bill incentive items
- Diagnostic audiology items
- Health assessments and your record keeping responsibilities
- Indefinite referrals - what you need to know
- Medicare items for Better Start for Children with Disability initiative
- Multi-item billing
- Practice nurse items
- Skin lesion excision and biopsy items
- Medicare ultrasound services
Read more information about our website disclaimer.